Sunday, 10 July 2016

Happy birthday in Heaven, Dio!

Today we celebrate your birthday, even if you are sadly not with us any more. On this day in 1942, a true legend, a pioneer of heavy metal was born. His name was Ronald James Padavona, one day to become the iconic Ronnie James Dio, once frontman of Rainbow, Elf, Heaven and Hell, Black Sabbath and more. A small man, with a huge voice that could fill arenas and could cause virtually earthquakes as his music was so powerful.



You didn't deserve to die the way that you did. Cancer effing sucks, and I wouldn't wish it on anybody, not even my arch nemesis. I hope you've been reunited with Lemmy up there, as I know you two got on really well!

R.I.P Ronnie. Thanks for everything. Your music, and the magic that came from listening from it. I see a rainbow rising...

I'm not one for promoting things on my blog, but a Facebook friend of mine is making a book compiling memories about Dio, scheduled to be released in the summer, I believe.

If you are interested in submitting a contribution to the book, the address is here: https://www.facebook.com/Ronnie-James-Dio-Memories-of-a-Rock-N-Roll-Icon-1253094674703996/?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment